Small Business Law and Succession Planning
Owning and operating, as well as establishing or dissolving, a small business has many responsibilities. Whether you are in the conceptual phase, winding down a company or wish to pass ownership to your family, employees or a unknown third party Kristin Dittus can help you through each of these milestones.
Services for businesses include information and advice on the following:
- Entity formation, including the consideration of which type of business organization, an s-corporation, corporation, a limited liability company (LLC), family limited partnership, or other entity, suits your needs best
- Drafting the required formation documents, such as articles of incorporation, articles of organization, by-laws, operating agreements, etc.
- What the filing requirements are for Colorado and the IRS
- Which professionals, accountant, banker, insurance agent, financial planner, are needed to assist you with your business
- Required records, such as keeping company minutes, documents, and other records
- How to limit your liability as a business owner
- Important considerations when hiring employees or independent contractors